Monday, August 25, 2008

Dublin Diversion!


On Tuesday, August 19, I flew to Oakland to visit our Dublin kids! Marisa always has a lot of fun stuff planned to keep us all busy and happy! We went to a fun area where there was this Little Farm, as you can see my FAVORITE animal of the day had to be this beaut of a turkey!! You can tell that the animals are well loved and taken care of in quite a high quality fashion! They are only allowed to be fed celery or lettuce (of course we didn't bring either....but a real nice mom there shared their celery with the girls, Kaylee & Lucy were excited to feed the cows and sheep!)

Here are the four Dublin girls! Lucy always manages to have something great going on with her hair and/or head wear, I LOVE that she is such an independent little gal, and she can pull off any look at all and still look GREAT!
We also got to ride on a steam driven train. It was fun to feel the mist from the steam engine and of course scream in the tunnel!! This was such a cute miniature caboose, everything was so tiny!

There is a great car show in Danville, Ca that happens every August. It was fun to be able to see all of those old cars. I remember when my dad taught me to drive a standard transmission with the shifter on the column, yikes, it was quite a wild ride! The car was about a 1945 Chevrolet (ancient!)
The people watching was another terrific sport we engaged in, tall shoes, tight clothes, the lack of clothes, lots of people trying to be younger than they really were...you get the picture, it was entertaining!!!
Kaylee and Lucy are so cute to pose by their favorite cars! Here they both are in front of the one Kaylee loved, purple of course!
Give this little gal, Lulu, anything orange and she is in heaven!! There were a few orange cars, we snapped more than one photo while Lucy flashed us that great smile with the dimples!!Well we ended my stay with a quick trip to the bowling alley. Kaylee and Lucy earn free bowling from their school and for me to bowl was only $1.98, not quite sure how that worked out, but hey what a cheap date, huh??! There were a few highlights, but I think perhaps Sofi took the cake with her bowling technique. She would rub her hands over the air vent, pat her hands on her legs, walk up to the line and give the ball a mighty push (with a little help from me!) then she would turn around and throw her hands up.......of course everyone was cheering her on!
The main reason I went was to buy some school shoes for the girls. We DID get the shoes, I don't even have any photos of them, trust me they were cute! It was a fun trip, thanks to Marisa, Eric and those cute girls for showing me such a good time, hugs and love to you all!!!

4 comments:

ermakaluso said...

It is always fun to have you come visit! I'll be sad to not really be here when you come next time! Thanks for hanging out with us and helping me get things ready for school! Love you!

janetha. said...

i am jealous you got to see the bills (and the turkey) my turn will come soon enough...well maybe not the turkey...i did not know turkeys ate celery. but did you know that usually you change the "t" to an "ies" like in cherry and cherries.. but turkey is turkeys... not turkies. FYI. love you mom!

Nana Sue said...

Neef, that would be funny, change the ""t to an "ies" = iesurkey???? what kind of animal is that? love you too!!! haha

linds said...

you lost me...glad you had a good trip.