Sunday, August 3, 2008

RDB Turns 57!

Randy loves to have something fun to look forward to, he loves to plan, plan, plan and he is TERRIFIC at it! I am a lucky lady to be his companion and the recipient of a lot of his planning, we continue to have a fun time going and doing! Here he is enjoying our outdoor shower in Costa Rica. If you let him, he would probably be catching a flight down south every few months. He served a mission there over 35 years ago and we have enjoyed going back over and over again. Can't wait until we can take our whole family there and experience it together!!


Janetha posted a great tribute to her dad and pretty much hit on every little detail that is specific to Randall. I too agree, he thinks through everything, he ponders an awful lot, but to his credit I don't think he has ever made a very big mistake, has he kids? He certainly measures twice and cuts once, unlike his eternal partner who doesn't even bother to measure and ends up with a real mess on her hands!!

He LOVES to be with family and friends. Randy loves unconditionally and is quick to forgive.He love to EAT!!! We have a great time deciding where we will go out to dinner. He is not picky when we eat at home. I usually stress about what to cook and in the last couple of years I have realized how easy going he is when it comes to dinner. Many times he is happy with a bowl of Raisin Bran as long as we have half and half in the house!!
He makes me laugh everyday!! Corny jokes or poking fun at one of my many crazy rants!!
Randall, you're a gem, thanks for so many years of love and happiness. Thanks for being a good dad to our kids, Papa Randall to our grand kids and a terrific husband and friend!

Happy, happy, birthday to you!!

3 comments:

janetha. said...

hooray for dad! now i know you tried to be sneaky and change the date you posted this, but you made a mistake by saying that i posted a blog "yesterday"...hmmmmmm busted! love ya dad and i love you too mom

Nana Sue said...

Gosh, I don't know what you're talking about......hmmmm gee.....

ermakaluso said...

I think Dad is eternally 35 so I don't know why you said 57?! I wish I could have been there to join in on the festivities and I hope you had a great time at the concert! Happy birthday to Dad and I love you guys!