Thursday, August 7, 2008

James Taylor......WOW after all these years!!

Thanks to our kids Randy got tickets to see James Taylor in concert at the Usana Ampitheater for Father's Day and his birthday, wahoo! We rounded up Gary and Annie Robertson and made it a great night! We headed to Takashi for some wonderful sushi, this is the best place ever, we ate til we were stuffed. However, when I have sushi and eat a lot I never really feel THAT full, weird huh?
Then off to the concert. Hey do you have any idea how far the Usana Ampitheater is, I think we could have gotten to Wendover in the same length of time, oh well. I had my camera and was so excited I had 1)charged the battery :) and 2) remembered to take it , boy I was set to take some great shots and then we saw a sign that said No Audio Visual Equipment allowed. Like a dummy I left my remembered camera in the car.......after walking forever, we finally made our way to the ticket gate only to find out I could have taken my remembered camera in, boo! No way was I trekking back to the car!

It is always so exciting to have tickets that say something like "Section 101, Row L, Seat 6" you know it could go either way huh? Well can I just say the seats were UNBELIEVABLE, literally about 45 feet from the stage (yep, and me without a camera.....) James Taylor started singing at 8:20 and with only about a 20 minute intermission sang until 11:00pm, and WOW can this man sing, even after 40 years of performing! He has such an incredible trade mark sound and it is still so beautiful to listen to, whether it is his mellow songs, the oldies, or rock and roll, it was all so, so great!!


Annie and I went and got t-shirts during intermission and when we got back to our seats we noticed he was signing autographs.......off we went to get our shirts signed. Fortunately Annie is about 5 to 6 inches taller than me so she was able to reach up high to hand him our shirts, in the mean time all the other people were using my shoulders to lift themselves up to get their stuff signed, so glad I could help them out! Yep, we got his autograph and boy could I have used my camera then, oh well!!

We had such a fun time, thanks kids, we love you all!!

3 comments:

suni said...

yay! glad you guys had such a great time! way to follow rules, huh?!

ermakaluso said...

Sushi and James Taylor...I would have loved to go to that. Maybe next time. Love you both!

linds said...

i am glad you guys had such a great time...i am with risa, sushi and james taylor? what a night!