Monday, September 15, 2008

After School Smoothie!

I had the chance to watch Mike and Suni's kids today. Luke and Max were playing downstairs and in walked Jake from school with his friend Clay. He asked me if it would be ok if they made a smoothie, well you bet, go ahead. Well little did I know they had something more in mind than just ANY smoothie!


Once we made a call to Mike to figure out the Bosch blender deal the guys were ready to get started. The next thing I know Jake walks up to me with a coconut in hand and says "Grandma, we need to figure out how to get the milk out and then get the coconut open" I rose to the challenge and told the boys I knew just what to do, get me a big hammer and big nail! Jake was certain REAL coconut milk would be a lot tastier than just plain coconut flavoring, right on, this guy ought to be a chef! I can see it now "Janetha and Jake's Place"!!
After much hammering and draining, we got the hard nut cracked, Clay is busy slicing limes, mango, bananas. They added some ice and Sobe.
Jake knew just the right amount of flavoring to dump in the blender, he kept having me smell it and WOW it really smelled great!


Here they are, Jake and Clay enjoying their "after school smoothie". I think it took them almost an hour to get it concocted. They shared a taste with me and after some straining of the juice we all pronounced it DE-licious!! Way to let your creative juices flow guys! Oh, I need to add that they cleaned up their mess rather neatly. Thanks guys for a great after school experience!!

4 comments:

janetha. said...

wow, that sounds divine. i know who my bartender will be!

suni said...

looks great! i think jake needs to do a repeat for me! thanks again for helping out with the boys...they sure love their nana sue!

ermakaluso said...

That looks delicious...real coconut milk and all. Too bad I am so far away!

Gm B. said...

Hi,
This is something new for me but, its fun. Especially when Winter comes in & we are really stuck inside.