Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!


Hello friends and family out there in blog-land! Yes, today is my birthday and I am turning 56, wahoo!! I decided to post a bit about myself for posterity sake and to make a HUGE request of my friends.

There may be a few things about me that some of you don't know - I will try to think of some interesting facts to share with you:

I was the first baby born in the Kennewick Hospital - however, I did NOT get any prizes because another gave birth in the front yard of the hospital and I was actually IN the building, bummer huh?

I grew up at 1807 West 6th Avenue in a very tiny 2 bedroom home with my mom, dad and older brother, Gary. We had a floor furnace that was right in front of the bathroom door and in the middle of the two bedrooms.....I was just as clumsy then as I am now and managed to roll right over that furnace, burning my left arm from the back side of my elbow to my wrist. This resulted in some pretty "sick scars", I still can see a faint brown X on my arm, even after all these years!


In junior high I was teased a lot about my last name, Hutteball.......go ahead rhyme it out a few times, you will get the picture quick! So for some reason I took up arm wrestling, no not just my family but all the guys that were brave enough to take me on during the lunch break, can you even believe that! It is true, I would arm wrestle them and BEAT them almost every time!!

Then in high school I wouldn't wear sleeveless shirts because I was now embarrassed by my muscular arms plus I was still teased about my name, go figure, it made me sad.....


I was always proud of that crazy last name, it used to be Hansen, but when my Great Grandpa was getting ready to move from Denmark to the U.S. he changed it to Hutteball. Supposedly it was a county in Copenhagen, I have yet to find the actual county! So needless to say there aren't a lot of us out there anymore!

Jump ahead to about 15 years ago. I needed a name for my real estate and property management business, not having a really great imagination, I decided to simply call it Hutteball, Inc. So I am still able to carry that name with me and I am still proud of it, even though there was a lot of teasing and even fighting for my dad when he was little, it is a great name!



Ok folks, now the real reason for this post. Blogging is fun, it is a riot, it is a great way to record your life happenings and it is a great way to connect with people you don't normally see a lot, or people you may never see or meet, or a friend you see everyday, once a week or every few months. HUGE REQUEST: In short, I know there are some of you who read this terribly interesting blog sometimes, and for my birthday I would like you to go the extra mile, please stretch just a little and post a comment, say "hello", or "hey I remember that", or "wow that was a lame post", or "that's cool", or "I would have done it this way..." do you see what I mean here!! :) The comments are as much fun as the post. So make me proud family and friends, give me a shout out for my b-day!
Much love and hugs to you all, please know how much I love my family and friends!!

7 comments:

janetha. said...

*stretch* hello! hey, i remember that story about you being the first born in the hospital. wow that was NOT a lame post. that's cool that you remember your address growing up. i would have done the same way you do because you set such a good example!

haha, ok, so i just copied and pasted everything you mentioned there and tailored it a bit.. if you didnt notice :) hehe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MOM!!!!!!!!!! i love you sosososososoooo much and i think you know this!! i will see you tomorrow <3

linds said...

word ma! shouting out loud for you on your birthday!!!! im so glad you were born, you are the best mom ever, love you tonz doug. ok now i wonder how to post this thing is it called a blog,ill have to call fer the wif, she'll git r done. ok by

linds said...

remember when i was in school at USU...remember that...well i was in some womens rights class. one of the assignments was to give an oral presentation on a strong, smart, successful women. i did my oral report about you. i stood in front of my peers and talked about someone that i look up to and admire. i talked about your life and what you have accomplished. thank you for being you. thank you for raising your family the way you did and instilling in them all the really important stuff. thank you for always listening to me when i have some nonsense to talk with you about. thank you for caring about me and for asking questions about what i am up to. thank you for your relationship with doug and for teaching him to be what he is today. thank you for spending time with my sweet little girl and for making sure she knows how much she means to you. thank you for laughing more than anyone i know. thank you for all you do for my family...love you.

ermakaluso said...

Well, well. Happy Birthday! I wish I could post the girls singing to you because that is our true style of birthday wishes. Memories? Constant Lucille Ball moments, bargain shopping and figuring out how much we would have spent, bouncy dresses that you'd make for us (the girls would LOVE those for the twirl factor!), not supersizing in Spain, trips as a family to fun places, trips to Target and Costco when you come to Cali...I could go on forever. You are the greatest mom AND friend. I love you! Happy Birthday!

suni said...

wow! happy happy birthday, mom dear...happy days will come to you all year...i hope you are reading that with the song in mind, cuz that's what i intended. i hope you had a fabulous day and i'm sorry i wasn't there to give you a big hug in person, but i was surely thinking about you. i love hearing little tidbits about your life and learning more about you. i must get my muscular arms from you! and i remember being teased in elementary school by the boys that i had 'big guns'. i as so embarassed and hated them teasing me for that! you are the greatestest mom ever and thank you for helping me to see what i can become. you are amazing and i sure love you!

oh - and could someone run a spell check on dougie's comment? haha. what a kid!

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday yesteday, Aunt Sue!

pat said...

Happy Birthday, Sue! I have so many great memories of time spent with you. Mostly playing games together with the Johnsons. Those were great times and seem like so long ago. You are such a great friend and I truly treasure our friendship. Thanks for helping me through the tough stuff. The only thing I regret is that we don't see or talk to each other often enough. I'm glad you blog so that I can at least keep up on what's going on in your life. Hope you have the best year ever!!