Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Santa Fe Trail!

I've been trying to post about our trip to New Mexico for almost two weeks! I really need a tutorial about the whole photo finding and uploading thingy......anyway, we traveled with Marc and Janet to Santa Fe for a few days of R and R!

We stayed at a bed and breakfast right downtown called the Territorial Inn, it was very comfortable and we were within walking distance of the Plaza and all the shopping!!


And boy did we shop! Randy and Marc were great sports, finding a bench or a concrete wall to relax on until we were ready to move on.

There were SO many sculptures, all over the place and I was forever having Janet take my picture by the burros, elephants, horses, turtles, etc, etc!! So enjoy the endless photos of ME and my animal friends!!








Janet with a real American cowboy!







Darling little girl with her puppy, if I didn't know better I'd say it could be Janetha and her little Penelope Jane!!


I love taking photos of flowers, here we are near a beautiful daisy tree/plant at one of the art galleries, they have miles and miles of art galleries!!





Wouldn't this cute gal be darling in my front garden? I could have had it for a mere $14,500 (I think they would have shipped it for FREE!!)




Incredibly beautiful sunset, taken from the car!!!

Here is the Rio Grande Gorge!!



Here we go - what do you think my Body for Life before and after - front and back, no?!!









Yummy, yummy food! Randy ordered this French Onion soup and they served it with 4 spoons, it was funny because he typically does not order food to share (we let him have it all!)














Here I am with my very favorite sculpture, a old raggedy horse outside our bed and breakfast. The last night we were there Marc and Randy turned in early and Janet and I did even MORE shopping! I needed my photo by this guy to round out my photo album. I got a great idea to get ON the horse. Janet is a great sport, she had to give me a boost onto the horse. We laughed so hard and could only imagine getting arrested and then having to call the guys to bail us out of jail! Fortunately we got the photos and scurried back to our rooms!


Well I think I have about 20 or 30 more sculpture photos, but you get the idea and besides I need to get to bed!!
What a great time we had, good friends, good food and good fun!!

2 comments:

suni said...

oh my - it's like a zoo city except the animals are all fake. looks like you guys had a great time!

janetha. said...

lol love the side by sides mom! oh and yeah all the animals are fake what is up with that?! looks like fun!!! :) xoxo