Friday, November 30, 2007

Cold pillows and clean sheets.....

These are the wonderful people who gave me life and raised me, Gramps and Nannaw (Doug and Yvonne), my cute mom and dad. It was almost like being an only child since my only brother is eight years older than me. My folks didn't have a lot of money, but I always seemed to get great gifts for my birthday and other occasions. One gift turned out to be one of my very favorites of all time and has led to another simple pleasure!!! Thanks mom and dad, I miss you both!

One year they gave me an awesome new sleeping bag for my birthday.....it was awesome because it did NOT have that heavy flannel on the inside, instead it was soft, slicky material. I was anxious to use it, so I took it into my bedroom, put it on my bed, unzipped it, pushed my window wide open, walked out and closed the door. It was a very cold fall night. When it was finally bedtime, whoa, was my room ever cold and was that slick material even colder!! I closed the window and snuggled down in my new sleeping bag......it was heaven!! My mom thought I was really weird, I think I slept like that for quite a few days!! Now I love to have a cold pillow to sleep with, I'll even turn mine over during the night!! That along with clean sheets, ahhh what a great night's sleep zzzzz! Simple pleasures anyone??

5 comments:

ermakaluso said...

Ooh- I love both of those. Eric loves "Clean Sheet Friday"! Both of them remind of things in that 10,000 things to be happy about book. Do you remember that?

Nana Sue said...

Yes, that's a cute book. Simple things really do make us all a lot happier!!

linds said...

thanks for sharing...i love it. just last night doug was complaining about our cardboard sheets, guess it is time to up the treadcount...sheets, clean and cold are very important.

Meghan said...

i love the fresh sheet day too sue. in fact ry spilled on my sheets the day after i changed them. i was so bummed. tell linds that sams club has 1000 threadcount for $98 - a steal! by the way, doug looks so much like your mom...

janetha. said...

comment! i was here :) i love you!