Friday, January 25, 2008

Deal of the century or "so ugly they're cute"!!


Ok, here we go. Since the only winter shoes I wear now are these wide Dansko style I decided I needed more than just the plain black and brown. I got a cute pair of mary janes last week and then accidently bid on some on e-bay. They were green suede with brown insets, very cute and very different. I have been patiently waiting for them arrive......the door bell rang and there was the box, I tore the box open and this is what I found....the shoes in the photo. My first reaction was "oh heck, these aren't the cute green shoes I bought!" Well I happen to have on a lime green shirt with my brown furry vest, the wrong shoes just happen to have lime green and brown suede around the edges.....I thought well I can just try them on and see how they fit.
I walked around a bit and then got on the phone to shoemetro.com and had a great conversation with a fellow there. Told him I got the wrong shoes and what could he do - he finally tracked down the real shoes I purchased and by then I kind of liked these mistakes. I asked him what kind of deal he could give me if I kept these.......well they are brand new and I got them for less that one third the actual cost, pretty good wheeling and dealing wouldn't you say (because remember, I have to build my winter Dansko shoe wardrobe, right?!) Now I still get to wait (again) for the cute green ones to arrive, I'm sure they will be worthy of yet another "shoe" post. Is it time to change my blog name to "Nana Shoe"?

7 comments:

suni said...

these may have to find their way to my closet - if only we had the same size feet. i feel like drizella next to you! :)

linds said...

i love the name nana shoe!

ermakaluso said...

They are growing on me. I think I like them. Maybe when we clean out shoe bins in a few years I can adopt them!

Di and Justin said...

just wanted to say thanks for your kind words you put on our blog...a couple of weeks ago... Mummm is stil the word due to having known so much about Kristy....and yep he is pleading NOT GUILTY.... anyways enough of the downer talk we went private on our blog so send me your email address and I will add ya...thank you so much for raising such a wonderful daughter I couldn't have asked for a better friend..we are going to see them next weekend...I can't wait.
jdgwilliam@comcast.net
Dianna & Justin Gwilliam

linds said...

i have to say, these shoes are MUCH cuter in real life. they are not nearly as hispanic as they appear in these photos.

janetha. said...

mom, they are totally you. i am surprised you didnt order those in the first place! love them. haha nice comment linds, good to know

Meghan said...

wow linds. wow.