Monday, July 21, 2008

Tending My Boys......

Suni and Mike took a short trip to float the Green, see her great post at Thumbs, Toes and Thursdays. We had a fun field trip planned for Friday, but Thursday evening Luke spent some quality time in one of his most favorite places, the tub!! As you can see by this huge smile, he was having a great time, I had to convince him that squirting water with his mouth really needed to stay confined to the bathtub and NOT the back of my legs!! He went off to bed like a champ!
Friday morning I had to wake up said "champ" at 9:35 am to get ready for our field trip to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Wow, this place is absolutely terrific, just take a look at Max's happy grin, I love to take this boy's photos, he always says "cheese" for me! He has his hand on a huge fossilized dinosaur foot (I think).

This shark was my all time favorite!!! Not even close to real, but when Max had already gone around the corner and said "Wow, Nana Sue you won't believe this!!!" I was pretty impressed with this toothy guy lookin right at us!
We had this area all to ourselves so I had Max take my photo with Luke and my shark friend! (oops, I think I still have my bluetooth (no pun intended!) in my ear) oh well, I think Max did a terrific job with the camera.
Max and I loved this metal dragonfly. The photo was taken through the glass so is a bit fuzzy, still pretty cool.


Gosh, hmmmm, don't know where the actual dinosaur photos went......maybe it was just too dark in there. You will all have to go experience this on your own, I highly recommend it. If you can get into the movie that would be a great adventure as well. Max's favorite part were the HUGE dinosaurs and Luke was happy to get a pretzel and popcorn on our way out!


For dinner Friday night we got pizza and had a picnic in our front yard with Papa Randall while he mowed the lawn, the boys had fun running and rolling around on the grass, did I ever have that much energy??!!

Thanks Max and Luke for being such great companions for a few days, sure do love you both!!!

3 comments:

suni said...

thank you again for taking such good care of these two little rascals. my favorite part is that luke is wearing one of max's shirts...who knew it fit both of them?! looks like the museum was a hit! maybe we'll have to go again.

linds said...

looks like a fun field trip with nana sue!

ermakaluso said...

That looks like a fun time. Maybe we'll have try it next summer!