Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Should Have Stayed in Bed!!

You know when you have one of THOSE days.....? When at the end of the day you realize staying in bed would have been a better alternative....? Not to make this a whining post, but no one would believe what's gone on, so I decided to record it here:

8:35 a.m. Got to my office. I had purchased light bulbs from Gerry the handicapped worker yesterday, $32 for 6 bulbs (no this is not a typo!) They were delivered, I opened the box after hearing some serious rattling going on and this is what I found........




Ok, fine, no problem right, they have a 5 year guarantee on them, great!! So they go into my back seat where they continue to rattle around most of the morning. I realize, hey you know, I don't need to keep buying from this fellow, although it does make me feel nice to purchase from time to time. I went nuts though and called and actually complained and had my name taken off of the list.....hope I don't feel too guilty!



I have a deal going with Wells Fargo, we are moving into the 8th month of waiting for them to "approve the short sale package"........really what in the world do you think they have been doing for 7 1/2 months?? I am able to use a different identity and call the bank myself ( I represent the buyer) so today I decided to call every hour, yikes, good thing I have unlimited minutes on my cell phone. Each call took a minimum of 20 minutes and a couple took 35 to 45 minutes. Basically I am right where I was yesterday, with absolutely nothing. I will call again tomorrow, why not, I may just get an answer!



Last evening I called Comcast and bundled my cable, internet and home phone, what a great plan. I will end up saving almost $100 per month, great idea huh? I was told to pick up an HD cable box at Comcast in Layton today (I need it before Thursday evening since our sound guy will be here to install it) So after showing 4 more homes I ran out to Layton to pick up said HD box......after waiting in line for 10 minutes it was my turn. I asked for the box and rescheduled the time to have them come out to change over the phone service only to be told, sorry I can't give you a box today.....What??!! I need the box today, I was told I could pick up the box today. She was pretty adamant and told me since I had an "open" order I had to wait until 7 days after the order was completed before I could pick up the box, well that would be about 2 weeks from now, not even an option. So as I was gritting my teeth, I asked what exactly would I have to do to walk out of there with a box TODAY??! Oh no problem, we will cancel your phone order, give you the box, re-do all of the paper work, reschedule your phone change over for May 10. By now there were about 8 to 10 people behind me (only one clerk!) and I said ok, fine then that's what I want to do. Well I don't think I came out the winner totally, but 40 minutes later I did walk out with this little beauty - "the box:! Whew! I avoided the stares from the people in line!!




I'm really into "dove-tailing" my car trips. I needed to return a shirt to DownEast Outfitters in Layton. I was glad the shirt was still in my car and I ran in, looked around, didn't find anything I "needed" so I went to the counter to do the return.......couldn't find the receipt (go figure!) and of course they just look at you like you are stupid and send you on your way. Back to the car, tore through my purse and wallet, wahoo, found the receipt! Ran back in to get a credit on my bank card, again she looked at me like I was nuts, sorry, we only give store credit, so girls, let me know if there's something cute at DownEast, I have credit! Did I mention it was snowing in Layton while I was running in and out, honest!




Finally, I was on my way home and was on the phone. I kept hearing an odd beep in my ear...discovered that the BlackBerry was going dead, just too much phone time with Wells Fargo I guess! I stopped in at Albertson's to pick up a prescription for Allegra-D, they rang it up and said "that will be $45", are you kidding me? What happened to the $5, $10 or even $25 co-pay, since I was in the middle of yet another allergy attack, I swiped my card, grabbed my pills and rushed out!!


Finally home! Dad had spent the day home helping the gym guys unload and assemble the gym equipment. It took them 8 hours (guess my problems were ok compared to putting all that stuff together)! Here you will see the gym before equipment and then after. I'm sorry I didn't get a photo when the area was still the "movie room". But you kids can all remember how great it looked huh?




You know dad, on his hands and knees scrubbing the gym floor, it took him a long time!! Thanks Randy!



The TV and of course the HD cable box will go in Thursday night!



Last but not least, Thursday, May 1, 2008 arrived with an inch of snow on the ground. Yes, the white stuff on Jolley's roof really is snow, brrrrr, it is only 28 degrees and still a few flurries. Spring and summer where are you!!??





6 comments:

janetha. said...

i think i got a headache just from reading that. you were very descriptive in your rant, which makes me feel like i was there! im sorry you had such a crappy day! but the gym looks awesome, how much are memberships? ;) love you!

Nana Sue said...

Yes, I learned good ranting from my youngest daughter, glad you could experience that "exhausted" feeling too!! That's funny, last night dad said, yeah I'll bet we could sell memberships!! (only joking, but it is so neat!!)

ermakaluso said...

I can't believe how the storage room has been transformed!! Wow! Your day made me tired just reading about it. Hope you get that Wells Fargo deal worked out...and everything else! Love you!

suni said...

woah. what a day. i too was exhausted reading about it and now feel like i need to go to bed! can't wait to test out the new equipment. of course, only after signing the waiver that i'm sure will be required for all of us to sign just in case we do something wrong, right?! :)

linds said...

wow...glad you survived your day! i have had a very similar issue with comcast. i hate stuff like that, it all seems so stupid, yet has to be done and takes up SO much of your time.

linds said...

oh and about the handicapped guy....you are nice, but i would never buy 6 lightbulbs for $32.00! i am sure marisa would agree, that is not a deal.